Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seeing red (and pink)

Chef's Avenue of Festival Mall was lined with so much red and pink balloons that it was almost suffocating. There was even a pink grand piano in the middle. Overkill na pare! The lights of the restos were dimmed and I'm sure the patrons were having a hard time picking on their food on candlelit tables. I myself was stuffed with candy and cake care of Ashley, Aina and Alexi (wow 3 A's!), not so good food from Molokai's (I think the crispy noodles were swimming in a bottle of oyster sauce) and a heavenly big belgian cone of Hazelnut ice cream from Theobroma (super thanks to Gnet). However that didn't stop me from wolfing a piece of chicken wing and rice submerged in sotanghon soup (yummy!) as I turned on the TV for the final leg of The Amazing Race Asia season 2. Dancing to Britney's "Piece of Me" like twenty times over brought about an appetite of a construction worker, I have to say. Just had to restrain myself, sayang naman ang workout kanina hahaha.

Anyhoo I really felt bad lang that Marc and Rovilson ended up in 3rd place. For a while there I hated anything Singaporean but in fairness, they already won so much. What I can't forget was the South African trip! I heard they got free Caltex gas for a year, prize money from Standard Chartered and heaps of Sony products (was a Bravia included?!) from being the first to arrive at the pitstop for how many times.

So how was the supposed dreadful V-Day, you may ask? Well, for one, I was touched that Brennan finally gave in to kissing me on the cheek! Usually he'll just bring his cheek close enough for me to kiss him hahaha. I hope it's not just because it's Valentine's day. I've never received that much hugs and kisses from kids kanina! I almost fell off my chair (I think I really did) when they all wanted to sit on my lap to make lambing. What a riot! Sana they are all mine na lang hahaha!

As for having a date or a boyfriend or whatever... well... if I did have one I wouldn't be telling you about Marc and Rovilson, would I? If I was pathetic enough to prioritize such whims, I could have had someone bring me gifts today. Baka nga 1 month na kami LOL! :) Yun nga lang, I'm not built for that kind, and I don't think I'll ever be. I guess I also feel too old to play any more games. Sadly, those prized catches are engulfed by the volume of those who want to play some more...

No comments: