Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back for good

This blog was initially for money-making purposes but I forgot why I had to sign up for a new one. In any case, I've decided to use this dormant account for more personal and spiritual reflections as I'm creating a habit of reading scripture on a regular basis.

I've always thought I had been given a pretty easy life. No personal issues going on, my family is intact, we get to experience the good things in life, I try to be spiritual, I have great friends, I'm generally surrounded by good people, things and events. Sometimes, I get to ask myself, "Is this all there is to it?" Not that I'm asking for a burden, but everything just seems manageable with prayers, support from loved ones and hard work. There ought to be something that will give more purpose to my existence.

Sometimes, I find myself reminiscing about my old life in the corporate world. I look back in fondness, never with regret nor longing, because I have found my place: in the classroom. I've been told time and again how financially burdened I could become, and how thankless this profession could be. But almost 3 years and counting, I can still manage to treat myself with good things once in a while, and my kids' enjoying school is the only form of appreciation I'll need to keep doing this. Money and making a lot of it has never been a goal of mine, heck, I never had the drive to climb the corporate ladder, honestly. Sure, it would be nice to acquire it, but it has never been a need, immediate or otherwise. Good thing I didn't pursue an MBA or it would have been just a waste of my time.

So what am I arriving at? Because I'm relatively whole (as far as I know and feel and believe), maybe, just maybe, I'm put in this earth to take care of other people. That teaching is the only profession that can enable me to touch other people's lives on a more personal manner. That it's young children I'm meant to take care of because of their innocence, because this is the time that I could create a deep-seated impact.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm with Peejo because I can take care of him, and I'm willing to take care of him in spite of what he has gone through. Maybe I'm stronger and more patient than most. Despite my fears and anxieties, I know He won't give me what I can't handle. And I guess it will be the same for other people I'm meant to take care of in the future. After all, having the Spirit in me should enable me to be more of a woman for others, isn't it?

No comments: